- Membership to the Golden Age Society is open to anyone who is fifty-five (55) years of age or older and becomes effective upon payment of the annual membership dues.
- The membership year shall be January 1st to December 31st
- The annual membership dues rate shall be determined by the members at the Annual General Meeting
- Membership dues are payable in January of each year. If dues have not been paid by April 30th of the same year, membership privileges will be revoked until dues are paid
- Complimentary Life Membership is granted to any member who has been in good standing for ten (10) years and attains eighty (80) years of age.
Rights and Privileges of Members
- Each member shall receive a current membership card signed by the President.
- Each paid member shall have one vote on each motion presented at a meeting.
- There shall be no voting by proxy.
- Any member may withdraw from membership by giving notice in writing to the Secretary of the Society.
- Any member whose conduct is considered detrimental to the Society may be suspended by a Special Resolution passed at a General Meeting of the Society. Notice of reason for suspension must be given in writing.
- Any dispute relating to the by-laws and any dispute concerning the rights of a member or the powers of a Director or Officer shall be submitted to and decided by mediation and/or arbitration under the Arbitration Act of the Yukon.